- To Conserve Wildlife and bio diversity through a network of protected areas and ex-situ conservation areas
- To take up special measures for protection and conservation of highly endangered spp.
- To curb poaching and illicit trade in wildlife and wildlife parts and articles
- Sustainable development of forest fringe villages through participatory planning and implementation of eco-development in and around Protected Areas
- To elicit public support for conservation of wildlife and wild habitats through conservation awareness programmes and eco-tourism.